Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Boracay for the first timer

It's my first time in Boracay and I opted to book our accommodations and airport transfer on the internet so we won't have any worries during the travel. My friend, Eric, who frequents the place advised that since my travel date is January 19, a day after the Ati Atihan, and which falls on a Monday I won't have any problem looking for available accomodations; and that transfer from the airport to the resort is easy and almost half the price compared to the one arranged by the resort. But for a first timer, I want ease to the max so all is arranged two weeks in advanced.

Me and my husband arrived in Bora at night, few minutes before 8. We were greeted by the friendly staff of Fat Jimmy's. We immediately went out to check for food as we haven't eaten lunch yet!

Fat Jimmy's is located at station 1, near the D'Mall where you have to walk just a few minutes going to the beach. At first I thought this is something boring, but I was wrong. When you are in station 1, you are very near to almost everything -- the tiangge where you can buy from underwear to house ornaments, from snacks to full meal with price lower than restaurants on beach front (of course!), and the wet market where you can buy fresh catch! It is also near the Crafts of Boracay Supermarket where prices aren't skyracketing unlike of course those small stores on the beachfront. The supermarket closes at 11pm.

There is also M Lhuillier (in case you run out of budget and ask somebody at home to send you money) and other small pawnshops. When you got a headache due to a slashed budget....there are also pharmacies here. :-)

Wait for my next posts for more... We just have to go around to bring you more first-hand tips.

No comments: